Famous Artists School Certificate Course in Illustration & Design
(click to enlarge)
Enroll in the Certificate Course in Illustration & Design
The Famous Artists School Certificate Course in Illustration & Design includes a four-volume, fully illustrated, colorful textbook; a Study Guide with Home Projects and 10 Lesson Assignments for submission to Famous Artists School; 10 Personal Lesson Critiques from your Famous Artists School Instructor; and the useful booklet How to turn your part-time painting into dollars.
If you wish, you can pay for the course with our convenient installment plan.
You can also order the FAS Art Kit, which contains the art supplies you need for completing your Assignments.
The ten Lessons of Certificate Course provide the fundamental skills and techniques you need to be successful in an art career.
1. Drawing Techniques: Pencil and Ink—creating varied effects with pencil and ink; grades of pens; creating textures with the pen, brush, and ink.
2. Painting Techniques: Wash and Opaque Watercolor—flat and graded washes, blending, creating different effects, mixing and blending in opaque painting, dry brush.
3. The Vital Force in Art Design—the broadest meaning of design using simple, easy-to-understand parts.
4. Composition: Organizing the Picture Elements—the selection and arrangement of elements in the picture; why a picture succeeds or fails.
5. Creative Perspective —how to represent objects so that they create the illusion of depth; how to see and draw things the way they look in real life.
6. Creating the Illusion of Solid Form—every object has form or three dimensions: height, width, and depth; you must learn how to create the “feeling” of form.
7. Creating Textures and Patterns—you learn to create a fascinating variety of forms, textures and surfaces in a variety of ways and with a variety of tools.
8. The Magic of Color Creative—use of the dimensions of color—hue, value, and intensity—can make your picture successful and exciting.
9. Figure Drawing: a Creative Approach—importance of the human figure in pictures, construction and proportions, foreshortening; how to draw the basic figure.
10. Drawing Heads and Hands: Expression and Emotion—the chief visual means of expressing human emotions; how to draw the head and features in different positions.
ENROLL IN THE CERTIFICATE COURSE IN ILLUSTRATION & DESIGN
Once you’ve completed the Certificate Course, you can move on to the Master Course Illustration & Design, which provides advanced instruction in the following areas:
The Figure Illustration provides detailed and advanced lessons in drawing and painting people.
Our Design and Art Direction Program covers advanced art career topics such as advertising and production, television design, lettering, or other graphic design fields.
If you already know that you want to pursue your career art course to the advanced level, then the Famous Artists School Master Course in Illustration & Design would be a more suitable and cost-effective choice.